02 February 2010

I should really get over myself

This stressing thing? It happens to everyone. Even within my own realm of existence, stressing out is nothing to write home about. I thrive on over-packing my schedule.

Except right now I really hate everything. I want to finish my poems and drawing so I can get them into litmag before the deadline but I'm feeling so uninspired. I spent THREE stinkin' hours working on chemistry homework tonight. Literally. Not like "work some facebook eat something music fun" homework. I sat at my kitchen table from 6 until 8:39. Being productive, but also getting bogged down, turned around, bassackwards, even with the help of someone much better at chemistry than I am. And I'm still not done. And it's due tomorrow, for a grade. And I have a 70 in there right now.

This on top of the free response part of the Eliminator (a test with a name? Especially a name like that? Yeah. Yikes.) I actually got an A on the multiple choice part, which is definitely a first for me in that class. Still, I'm nervous. Also, ALL STATE AUDITIONS. I thought we were leaving after school on Thursday, when, in reality, we are leaving at 10AM. Meaning I'll miss the ACE game we're hosting, and that I have a two-day week. Surprisingly, I really don't want to miss any more school right now. At all. AND IT'S ALL STATE AUDITIONS AND I HAVEN'T REALLY PRACTICED MUCH AT ALL AND I THOUGHT I DIDN'T REALLY CARE BUT SINCE I'M GOING ALL THE 5 HOURS AWAY TO JONESBORO I'M KIND OF STARTING TO FREAK OUT ABOUT MY LACK OF PREPARATION.

heh. I'm glad the only people who see this love me in spite of my occasional affinity for caps lock and tendency to complain excessively.

I should stop moping.

I'm in the top 15 for Colors Day Court! A dance I have never been to and would be unable to attend even if I won. Haha. It's still fun.

I checked three and 1/2 things off my to-do list today. Drank three cups of tea. Had three free class periods. I get to spend two periods at the One-Acts tomorrow. I ran up five flights of stairs in Old Main and probably looked and sounded like a crazy when I spoke to the secretary at the Honors College office, room 517. Which was the entirely wrong building, anyway.

Maybe I'm in such a foul mood because I bailed on my banjo lesson tonight. I gave Mr. Buehling plenty of notice, but still. Those 40 minutes are always the sunshine of my week. I really didn't have any time this evening, or any other day, and I hadn't really practiced, but I wish I had. I wish I could put more effort into that instrument. I love it so much.

Mom and Scott and I have all been bickering pretty badly for the past two days, but I think we've worked through it. We've all sort of talked, and we're to the joking stage now. I got pretty crazy yesterday. It was the Lewis & Clark deadline. I've been working on my responses all weekend. And yet, on the deadline, I still was not finished. Mom insists on editing anything I write for colleges, understandably, but relying on her and working with her to get finished is very stressful. And, surprise surprise, I did not handle that stress well.

That's all I really want to say about that.

My back and arms are achy and sore. I don't know what I've been doing in my sleep, but it's turning me into a creaky old woman.

I began ND: The Phantom of Venice last night. VERY STRANGE. I'll devote a whole post to it later.

You know, when I have spare time.

1 comment:

  1. Time to prioritize the busyness! Hate that.
    I really hope you get on Colors Day court. Mostly because I want to see what you wear. Haha.

    I understand the school stress. I called my mom this afternoon and cried because today sucked so bad school-wise. Which I NEVER do. But sometimes you just gotta outlet.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete