I've been meaning to update for a bit, and haven't found the time. But I suppose this is an event worth bloggin about.
I will be one of the four student speakers at the FHS Graduation Class of 2010.
wat.
Seriously, I can't wrap my head around it. I mean, I know it's not life changing news or anything, but I've certainly never spoken a word in front of that many people, let alone sung, alone. (This is how I begin. Oh yeah. I went there.) I am honored to have been selected. It really is one of those things I'll always remember. There were way more girls than guys, and I went up against a lot of intelligent ladies. And gentlemen. But I'm the only female. It's totally surreal. I don't think I'll really get used to the idea until May 20th.
Which is all too soon and too far away all at once.
In other news, Summer of Solutions is alive and thriving. On Saturday, Sabz, Joel, Amanda, and I weeded the garlic patch at OMNI. And yesterday about 10 of us joined Mr. Steven Skattebo (who is terrific) to pick up pine cones and plant potatoes. It was messy and fun, and an exciting taste of what's to come. I grow more excited every day (just as our little rootlings grow up from the ground. I'm sorry, I totes could not resist).
I swear to the god of Itunes and twitter (HEY MICHELLE LOOK)that I will post Spring Break Fashion aysap. But at the moment, I must do some chem and practice for the Ramay Forensics demonstration tomorrow.
BEST NEWS OF THE WHOLE DAY: SAPPHIRE (as in Precious based on the novel PUSH BY SAPPHIRE)is coming to the library. Which remains exciting, but not news. HOWEVER, Saba informed me today that SAPPHIRE is having a special invite-only writer's conference after her public talk. And the creative writing classes are going. AND MAYBE LITMAG IS ALSO INVITED. AS IN WE GET TO MEET SAPPHIRE.
In the words of Banah, "Maybe I should actually read Push first, or see Precious." Still the best news of the day.
Since turning 18, I have not yet used my new powers. I have not purchased OxyClean from the new NOT Billy Mays TV guy, porn, a shotgun, or cigs, although I definitely considered it at the gas station the other day. But this Friday, I am going to my first real A Good Fight show at George's (real meaning I'm not crouching in the corner backstage or standing at the front door). And then HEARTLESS BASTARDS are playing FO' FREE on Sunday. I CANNOT WAIT.
Oh. And I got my "I can vote now" card in the mail the other day. Hooray.
Life is good. Except for always busy. But it's still good.
No comments:
Post a Comment