20 April 2010

rants: college & sarah jessica parker

I'm feeling absolutely hopeless.
I really got my hopes up about Lewis & Clark. But their financial aid award is about 20,000 dollars less than I can afford. Seriously. 100% demonstrated need my butt. My family hasn't been making ends meet for three years. How the hell do you expect me to be able to afford that much?
Hampshire's package isn't much better. And I had given up on Warren Wilson already.

So basically I have no options. I'm still considering applying to Portland State, but they take six to eight weeks to reach an admission decision.

I refuse to go to the U of A. I know how much of an asshole I sound like, but I would rather not go to college. At least not next year. I can't keep living here. I know I'm going to hate it. Everyone I've talked to this year (the real people, not the creepy creep fellows) has told me how much they regret staying here. And it hasn't gotten any better, not for this entire year. I have to go somewhere else. I don't even care what I do. I have to get out.

Second:
They're making, or I guess I should say they've made, a sequel to the Sex in the City movie. The first one dragged on for nearly three hours. I never saw it, but fans and non-fans of the series both told me it was excruciatingly dull and lacked the charm of the TV version.

It is beyond me why they feel the need to make another one. I am so tired of these women. Yeah, yeah. You like clothes and you're bad a relationships only now you're old. No one cares. It's all crass and tacky and pretend-witty. Seriously.

Sarah Jessica Parker needs to move on to mature roles. Or perhaps just out of show business.

I can't believe this is how I occupy my time.

I've had better days.

No comments:

Post a Comment