03 August 2010

full circle

Seems I'm updating monthly now, eh? I've been tracking my summer a tad bit more thoroughly on my summer of solutions blog, but I felt this needed some attention.

Man, I can't believe it's August. I move out of my house in two weeks and a day. THAT IS SO SOON. Ahhhh I remember having a conversation with Laura Florick about this in the fall of 10th grade, right before we dyed our hair. She said something about how it's so scary to go to college because it's completely unlike anything we've done in our lives up to this point. Living on our own and everything. I don't know why that's stuck with me all this time. But I still think about it.

I know I'll be fine. And I'm really genuinely excited about college. But I don't know. It's just weird to think about not living here anymore. Exciting but not exciting at the same time. It's so strange how radically different my thoughts about college are since last year. I was itching to get out of this place. Now my roots are digging in deep. But I really don't have a problem with that. I love this town the more I get involved. I love being around my family. And I like having professors who birthed some of my friends.

That's not to say I'll never leave. I'm definitely going to travel. Extensively. I might not live here again for a long time. But who knows. For once, I'm excited to not have a plan. I know where I'll be for at least the next year, and that's a-okay by me.

In other news, I'm having a great hair day.


Also, friends are back in town! Kelsey and Quinn (and even Rory, briefly) have returned from parts unknown, aka Europe. Pete & Cody are back in Fayetteville. Jordan is home, sort of. Maybe still in Georgia on vacation. But at least not in Conway. I like having people nice and close, at least for two more weeks! Blkw;aklala..... I hate saying goodbye.

But.

I'm ready to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment