
This weekend was a pleasant surprise.
Friday was very enjoyable but long. Pete & I stayed up till at least three just talking. Which was wonderful like always and I get choked up even thinking about how soon we won't be able to do that anymore but ANYWAY my mom woke up at nine the next morning and told me we were visiting Nana and Papa for their anniversary. Now, I would have been perfectly fine about this, but because a) I was exhausted and woken suddenly and b) I had already passed up the chance to go out of town this weekend and was really looking forward to being at home and c) I woke up with serious nasal congestion, I was a sourpuss most of the day. It didn't help that there wasn't much I could eat and that we had to look at my aunt's vacation photos for like 45 minutes.
Being grumpy and inactive the whole day kind of spoiled my mood for Brown Girls sleepover that night, but it was still a lot of fun. Pretty typical for us: Talking, playing with Keeno, eating, Nancy Drew through the woods, drive-by Warehouse visit (Surf de Soleil show omgzzz), dress-up, picture-takin' and a movie. It's weird thinking about how little I'll actually see them this year. Shmeh. Don't want to think about it. I'll just focus on the good parts. Like watching Teeth. heh heh heh.
This morning i was still really tired and really sniffly. Banah and I took another hour ciesta before she drove me home. I slept, watched tv with scott and dad and then slept somemore. So I was pretty much a sloth the whole day, but I needed it. I'm still pretty damn tired. Just having all this pressure in my head makes me perpetually tired.
BUT I AM FOCUSING ON THE NEGATIVE.
Here are the good parts of my day:
-Spending time with my family
-Going to yoga (even though it was a huge class and not up to the Joy Caffrey/Mark Cain standards I'm used to)
-Talking to friends
-homemade tofu fajitas :D
-Having a full-on religion discussion with a random boy I met in the laundry room. I was still feeling pretty pissy when I first went in there, because I was sitting by myself doing my homework, feeling stuffed up, and the other people were sitting together at a table, talking, (eating their Wonderbread sandwiches lolz jk). But then Mom brought me those yummy fajitas and I sat down at the table and started talking to a friendly boy named Connor. We were just talking about lots of things, including church, and somehow I was telling him exactly what I think. I totally judged him at first, too, because he was wearing a cross necklace. I thought he'd really disagree and get offended, but seemed to agree with a lot of what I said. We found a lot of common ground. And even though I was explaining a lot, it didn't feel like one of those governor's school conversations you have where you feel like you're trying to censor yourself or something. It was really nice, and came out of nowhere. And he was pretty cute, too. I guess that's one of those MEMORIES I'LL HAVE FOREVER BECAUSE COLLEGE.
But really, it was nice. I didn't get much homework done, but that's fine by me.
Now I'm going to sleep because my mucus has turned from clear to yellow, meaning I have an infection! Delicious, hmm? And all cold medicines have ceased to help me whatsoever, so I'm just gonna have to sleep it off. Also I need to be in tip-top condition for tomorrow. Scott and I are having a lunch date! He asked me too. I can't believe he's so big.
I'm vowing to be better at this blogging business. I think I'll appreciate it later on. Also Eddie told me i should blog today and I said I had one but realized it doesn't really count if I don't update.
Buona notte! (First Italian quiz tomorrow. Wish me luck.)
Yay for good college things! Don't worry, that yoga class will probably thin out as the semester goes on. Most exercise classes do. Sorry you're sick-ish :(
ReplyDelete