28 September 2010

Touring a shithole

Literally!

My Environmental Science class toured one of the two waste water treatment facilities in Fayetteville.

We saw the entire process, start to finish.

Never have I been so surrounded.
By poop.
Churning, rushing, gushing poop.

That was my day.

OH. WAIT. ONE MORE THING.




BANJOBANJOBANJOOOoooooo

It's a restored Lady Stewart, which means it was created by the great S.S. Stewart (maker, composer & publisher extraordinare) somewhere around the 1890s. Mr. Buehling bought it, shined it up real nice, tied a pink ribbon around the head and finally presented it to me tonight. It took a few months of anxious anticipation and lots of work on Mr. Buehling's side, but it's the best dang graduation gift ever ever ever. Ever.

And it sounds so nice! The nylon strings are so much better than the steel ones on my kay. I mean, it's world's apart from my kay, quality-wise. Kays were designed to be affordable from their inception. Stewarts, on the other hand, are genuine class. Cherry neck, goat skin head, adorable pearl inlay pieces e'erywhere, beautiful ivory pegs, and the original SSS bracket tightener.

This doesn't mean anything to anyone reading this. But it is a Really Big Deal, I assure you.

I'm in twangalang heaven.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty banjo! Also--I'll be home the wknd of Oct 23!! That's our fall break! So we can watch When Harry Met Sally and veg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, heh, poop. And your banjo sounds so damn purty that it makes me want to learn a couple tunes on the banjo myself!
    Anyway, love hearin' (reading) from you.
    -BG Deev

    ReplyDelete