http://www.thesixtyone.com/s/45YueXoszFX/
http://www.thesixtyone.com/s/vySzrhovWsJ/
joy and happiness in musical form.
I'm feeling very musically inspired lately. writing songs, which hasn't happened in months upon months. I guess I'm feeding off of all the creative energy everyone around me seems to be radiating (Brothers, Younger and Older).And anticipating Catamaran's premiere show, of course. But I'm understanding the banjo a lot more, after a period of real apathy and not much practicing. I had my very last high school choir concert last weekend, and it was awesome. The best I've ever had. It was so much fun, and everyone there was really wonderful, too. I'm going to miss group singing every day, you know? Most people don't spend an hour of their day making music with fifty other people. Weird to think about.
Connotations volume 27 has arrived! Signing party was tonight. I ate too many petit fores and John got dressed up like a bro. Yep. Also I was was formally introduced to Mrs. Brothers, who aggressively requested/demanded I attend the reading of the creative writing anthology, since I got the Nathan Altman scholarship, and their publication proceeds go toward that award. She at first assured me I didn't have to read, but then she asked me to. So I did. But it gave me a chance to show of the magazine. And the whole thing was a lot of fun. Saba did a wonderful job. While she was reading her piece about licking rocks, Joe Bell turns to me and goes, "She is so universally weird, in every setting. It's really impressive". That's wonderfully accurate.
Two AP exams down, three to go, including a hellish day of Economics. Micro in the mornin', macro afternoon. On our last day of high school, and Jake's 18th birthday, and Catamaran. I can't believe that. I really can't believe I graduate two weeks from today, exactly.
In other news, Pete and I have officially begun planning our escape to the Grand Canyon. I'm so excited. Tourist traps and couch surfing and Sedona and brady bunch clothes. JUST TWO WEEKS AND TWO DAYS.
Also, Reptile Museum was conquered yesterday. As in, the guy was actually there, and I held an alligator, two constrictors, and a tarantula. It was less exciting than I had hoped, but the Jesus paraphernalia and piranha and all the other creatures were definitely worth it. The gators name is Captain Hook. He is two years old, less than two feet long, and made feral cat noises. But he's quite sweet once you pick him up. I want to paint reptiles. The intricacies of their skin and scales are dizzyingly cool. Yep. That's a phrase.
I feel rosy.
No comments:
Post a Comment